PolyWorks | Inspector
From product engineering to manufacturing.
A 3D metrology solution for the entire process
Get the alignment right
Inspecting and analyzing a measured part is only possible if the digitized data is properly positioned and oriented in 3D. Typically, a measured part is aligned to its nominal CAD model to enable the extraction and comparison of nominal and measured dimensions. It can also be assembled virtually to the surrounding mating parts in order to check for interference issues or to analyze flush and gap deviations.
PolyWorks|Inspector offers a broad range of part alignment techniques that let users construct alignments with:
- Surfaces or cross-sections (measured-to-nominal best-fit, constrainable in rotation/translation, and within tolerance zone)
- Features (3-2-1, pairs of center points, and GD&T datum reference frames)
- Reference points and lines (RPS, surface points, and six-point nest)
- Virtual gauges (caliper, flush & gap, and airfoil)
Extract all required dimensions
At the core of the PolyWorks|Inspector workflow is the extraction of measured part dimensions and computing the deviations to their corresponding nominal dimensions. Thanks to the remarkable flexibility integrated into PolyWorks, dimensions can be extracted from measured point clouds, polygonal models built from point clouds, or probed points. Nominal dimensions can also be extracted from a CAD model or a reference measured part.
PolyWorks|Inspector delivers the complete toolbox you need to extract and analyze:
- Surface, boundary, and cross-sectional measured-to-nominal deviations
- Feature dimensions and GD&T controls (ASME Y14.5-2009 and ISO 1101, as well as PTB certified 64-bit/32-bit)
- Advanced dimensions such as flush and gap, profile radius, airfoil dimensions (leading edge, trailing edge, and global), assembly clearance, thickness, and more
PolyWorks|Inspector also offers real-time guidance to accurately build and inspect fixtures and jigs using single-point measurement devices.
Multiple Piece Inspection
Simplify the inspection of multiple pieces
Preparing an inspection project for a multipiece inspection task has never been this easy. With DirectReplay™, PolyWorks|Inspector literally does the work for you.
- Create an inspection project and a report for a first piece.
- Let DirectReplay automatically replay the same inspection on subsequent pieces.
- Focus on acquiring the 3D measurement data of the new pieces with your point cloud digitizer, single-point measurement device, or both.
Thanks to the relational inspection architecture of PolyWorks|Inspector, zero teaching is now a reality.
Monitor your process with statistical process control (SPC)
Thanks to its multi-piece project format, PolyWorks|Inspector is capable of automatically computing and updating an SPC database of multi-piece statistics for object dimensions and surface deviations. SPC databases and related analysis tools, including trend charts and statistical color maps, are very powerful tools to diagnose manufacturing or assembly issues, or to approve a tool or a part before production.