PolyWorks Total Solution
One-Stop Metrology Solution
- Standard software in major automotive and aeronautic OEMs worldwide
- Total high-density point cloud engineering solution
- Operation of arm-based & hand-held probing devices, as well as laser trackers
Xtreme User Interface Customization
- Fully customizable menus, toolbars, and docking windows
- Shop-floor-ready interfaces in no time
- Optimized visual layouts for corporate deployment
- Beginner visual layouts with adapted menus and toolbars for quick learning
- Best-in-class part inspection workflow
- World-renowned technical support
Groundbreaking Computing Techniques
- PolyWorks x64 for unlimited memory usage
- Polygonal meshing distributed over computer network
- Parallel computing on dual-core and multi-CPU systems
What’s new in PolyWorks 2018
Deploy ONE inspection project with ALL your 3D measurement devices
PolyWorks 2018 brings 3D metrology hardware interoperability to the next level. It empowers users to create and deliver shop-floor-ready inspection projects that are directly playable with all portable and CNC CMM 3D measurement devices.
Maximize the use of all your 3D measurement devices and minimize the risk of operator errors by creating and embedding multiple piece measurement templates within a single inspection project!
With piece measurement templates, preconfigure an inspection project to:
Perform multiple piece measurements with CNC CMMs and portable scanning arms.
Execute measurement sequences on bridge CMMs and horizontal arms.
Set up for different laser tracker brands and models.
Handle multiple CAD model versions and revisions.
Universal 3D Metrology Workflow
Perform all inspection tasks using a common workflow
Enhanced alignment toolbox
PolyWorks 2018 reference target and datum target alignment techniques are more powerful and more complete:
Balance part deviations using the integrated iterative alignment with reference targets bound to constructed features.
Simulate rectangular and circular fixture locating pads using the new datum target area.
Universal Digitizing Hub
Interface with all 3D measurement devices
Smart collision avoidance for CNC CMMs
PolyWorks 2018 adds new measurement sequence fixers to the powerful real-time collision analysis technology. These tools allow inserting automatically computed Go to Position locations that modify the CMM measurement path in an optimal way as to prevent detected potential collisions.
Three collisions avoided by the automatically computed Go to Position locations.
Robust measurement sequences for CNC CMMs
PolyWorks 2018 offers intelligent solutions for measuring deformed, incorrectly aligned, or deviated parts without operator intervention:
Triggers a spiral search when a hole is not located at its nominal position to estimate the actual hole location and restarts hole measurement from the estimated location.
Locate hole center
Measures 3 points to estimate the actual hole location, translates the measurement zone to the center of the actual hole, and launches hole measurement.
Measure relative to other objects
Adjusts the position of the measurement zone based on the deviations of objects that are already measured
Enhanced usability and performance
The improved discoverability, ease of use, and performance of tools in PolyWorks 2018 promote valuable gains in user productivity:
- Simplified icons assure quick recognition, while retaining the original icon concepts.
- Colors are used to focus attention and better communicate results.
- Intuitive annotation positioning and editing tools directly in the 3D Scene
- Single-click geometry transfer between products.