PolyWorks Total Solution
One-Stop Metrology Solution
- Standard software in major automotive and aeronautic OEMs worldwide
- Total high-density point cloud engineering solution
- Operation of arm-based & hand-held probing devices, as well as laser trackers
Xtreme User Interface Customization
- Fully customizable menus, toolbars, and docking windows
- Shop-floor-ready interfaces in no time
- Optimized visual layouts for corporate deployment
- Beginner visual layouts with adapted menus and toolbars for quick learning
- Best-in-class part inspection workflow
- World-renowned technical support
Groundbreaking Computing Techniques
- PolyWorks x64 for unlimited memory usage
- Polygonal meshing distributed over computer network
- Parallel computing on dual-core and multi-CPU systems
What’s new in PolyWorks 2017
Communicate and review measurement results efficiently
With the new dimensional-control-centric approach in PolyWorks 2017, the PolyWorks|Inspector™ 3D metrology project is the report! By enabling portable metrology and CNC CMM measurement specialists to communicate results directly in 3D, and empowering reviewers to investigate results contextually in 3D with dynamic navigation tools, considerable gains in productivity are guaranteed. Thanks to the powerful Control Reviewer, complex inspection projects containing hundreds of dimensional and GD&T controls can easily be split into small and logical groups of controls — called control views — with individual dimensional controls tied to specific data alignments and coordinate systems.
- Access a global list of dimensional controls sorted by characteristic index, making it the ideal tool to prepare first-article inspection reports.
- Search, sort, and filter controls to highlight critical results.
- Display control views automatically in 3D with the preferred point of view.
- Generate formatted reports automatically, with individual controls reported within the specified alignment and coordinate system.
- Export controls within the specified alignment and coordinate system.
PolyWorks 2017 meets the requirements of the most demanding large-volume metrology applications by facilitating the execution of large measurement projects that are typical to the aerospace, shipyard, and power generation industries.
A powerful part-alignment technique for large structures
- Align points to geometrical characteristics of matched objects, such as center points, axes, or surfaces.
- Easily match either the measured and nominal components of an object or the components supplied by two distinct objects.
- Control the alignment direction, weight, and participation to the scaling factor computation for each pair of matched geometries.
Additional flexibility for Surface features
- Probe a Surface feature before its nominal component is defined or the part is aligned to CAD.
- Probe measurement points directly within Surface features and obtain significant performance gains when acquiring thousands of surface points.
CNC CMM metrology
Collision analysis in real time
Measurement specialists who define probing and laser scanning paths on CNC CMMs now have access to a collision analysis engine that detects potential tool collisions with the part or the fixtures, and provides visual feedback on problematic tool paths in the Sequence Editor and the 3D Scene.
Thanks to two major innovations, the PolyWorks collision analysis approach stands out from competing CMM software products:
- Collision analysis is carried out in real time while the measurement sequence is created or edited. This allows operators to immediately fix problematic tool paths and avoid accumulating issues.
- Collision analysis is performed both offline and online, and warns users about potential collisions even when they launch a measurement operation outside of the Sequence Editor. Traditionally, in other software, this feature is offered solely as an offline functionality.
Concurrent connections to multiple laser trackers
- Predefine and configure a list of trackers. Connect to multiple trackers simultaneously, and select one active tracker to measure objects.
- With multiple trackers connected, switch the active tracker instantaneously.
- Guide assembly building through real-time measurements with all connected trackers feeding measured reflector positions to Digital Readouts in parallel.
- The mirroring tool allows users to automatically create a right measurement sequence from a left measurement sequence, cutting in half the time needed to prepare an inspection project for a full car body assembly.
- Synchronization operations can be inserted into a sequence to share measured object components among PolyWorks|Inspector™ sessions running on multiple computers, enabling operators to use features on the left and right sides when aligning a part to its CAD model.